Thursday, January 17, 2013

Jacki: T-40 days



I've never written a blog post before but I decided it was time since we are starting our great adventure in only 40 days! That and my hubby asked me to, so I thought I'd oblige.
            I guess I just want to say how I'm feeling and that is excited and anxious all wrapped up in one, slightly larger than ever, Jacki-package.  Which brings me to my next topic, weight loss.  I'm specifically looking forward to losing this extra weight I've put on these past few years.  Not so much because I don't like the way I look or am unhappy, it's really more about being healthy and fit again.  I now weigh 160 lbs. and that is the most I've ever weighed in my entire life.  I'm only 25 years old and I'm perfectly able bodied so the way I see it, I have no excuses.  Also, it's starting to adversely effect my health because my doctor told me I have borderline high cholesterol. 
            Don't think for one second though that this hike will be all about weight loss for me, that's just going to be a bonus.   Hiking the A.T. is much more about the adventure, experience, and memories for me.  I won't lie, it's also about the pride I will feel from this huge accomplishment.  I want to hike the entire A.T., in one shot, so I can tell my kids one day what their dad and I did and hopefully it will inspire them to do the same kind of things in their lives.  After all, "Life is about living it, with those you love." -Hitched Hike
            I can't believe the hike is just around the corner.  Jeremy and I have been planning it for 3 years now and it's always been something we'll do in the distant future.  It's rather daunting now that it's the near future.  I really can't wait though.  It's going to be nothing but unknowns for about 6 months and that definitely sounds like quite the adventure to me. 
                                                                                                 
                                                                                                                  -Jacki 


No comments:

Post a Comment