Sunday, December 4, 2011

Group Hike at Mistletoe State Park

A quick snap shot before leaving camp. (TJ, Abi, Jacki, Jeremy, Lyle)
Jacki and I went out with a couple a good friends and a new backpacker.  It was a very short over-nighter (7 miles total) with little ups or downs.  However, Jacki, Lyle, and I had run a 10k race that morning in freezing temperatures.  We were already a bit worn out.  I for one, fought taking a nap all day after the race and almost fell asleep packing.  The nice thing about going on short, easy trips like this, is that you can really bring whatever you want and relax as long as you want.  It's also nice to have a more diverse conversation with others than just Jacki.  Don't get me wrong, Jacki and I can have some pretty interesting conversations and I love talking with her, but sometimes we just like to listen to people tell their stories and discus their ideas on any and every topic.  Honestly, I think we prefer going with a small group rather than alone.  As long as those with us are good people and positive, boosting the group's spirits.  It makes for a fun trip. 









No comments:

Post a Comment